~~Creating Healthy Canadians, eh?!? Article of the week July 3 to 6, 2018
Happy Canada Day-week everyone! I hope you all survived the scorching weekend heat and had some fun celebrating living in the best country in the world (although Trump might not agree!).
Last Tuesday at the office we had a full house at our intermittent fasting workshop. I was impressed with not only the turnout but also the sincere interest of the attendants and the great questions and discussion that ensued. I know there are a number of you who wanted to attend but had a conflict, so I intend to repeat the workshop sometime later in the year.
For those of you looking to attend our next workshop, I want to give you a few bullet points of some of the things that we talked about:
• Intermittent Fasting has health benefits for everyone, not just those looking to lose weight and it is something that I incorporate into my health regimen
• Fasting can be done in many different ways, and it doesn't have to be scary or painful, or excessively long
• Even short fasts, such as reducing your eating window to 8 hours a day can have health benefits
• Research confirms that achieving a healthy body weight will reduce mortality (help you live longer) and morbidity (help you avoid a life of sickness, disability and pain)
• The old weight loss paradigm of “eat less, move more” has failed miserably, and 97% of people who lose weight on calorie-restricted diets have gained it all back and more within the next 3 years
• The old food pyramid recommendations have been shown to be completely counter-productive in successful weight loss – for years we have been told to get most of our calories from carbohydrates (grains, breads, starches) and a minimal amount of calories from fat
• Research has shown that a ketogenic diet (a diet high in healthy fats) is the most health promoting and the solution to long-term weight management and better health
• I also highlighted some of the benefits of the Isagenix systems and products that my family and I have used for years to optimize our health
As your chiropractor, I have a heart to help you stay healthy. One of the biggest problems with our current health care system is that there is a huge emphasis on treating sick people and very little emphasis on creating healthy people.
Even though my primary way to improve your health is through a chiropractic adjustment and removing interference from your nervous system, I often think about other ways that I can have an influence on your health. My vision for you is to live in bodies that feel great and work optimally, allowing you to do all of the things that make for a fulfilling, happy life.
Thank you to all who attended our intermittent fasting workshop. If you missed last week, let the girls know you would like to attend in the future and we will make sure we notify you and reserve you a seat for our next date.
Yours in Health,
Grace Chiropractic – 1-3230 Monarch Drive – 705-323-9100 – http://gracechiropractic.ca
Upcoming Closures – July 16- July 20